Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dips!

I thought I would add a couple bonus recipes since it has been awhile. We made these dips to take to some friends' house to have during the Iowa/Iowa State game. The dips and company were great, the game...not so much.

Chicken Enchillada Dip
Cook chicken in crock pot in red enchillada sauce.
Shred chicken.
Mix cubed velveeta cheese, chicken, 2 cans Rotel and 1 new can enchillada sauce. Heat in crock pot until hot and dippy. It was very good. You could totally spice it up or change it however you would like.

Spinach Dip
(adapted from this recipe http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/blog/2009/11/08/spanakopita-dip-big-wow-with-little-effort/

Ok, so pretty much I made this dip without the feta or nutmeg. I also didn't use fresh garlic I used garlic garlic dip from Tastefully Simple. It was very good. I think it needed more garlic. OH, and I added some finely chopped water chestnuts to add a bit of crunch. It was very good with Wheat Thins, tortilla chips, and I'm sure it woudl be good with veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment