Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fruit and Spice Pork Chops

First an appology. With June being the busy time at work and some family issues that have been going on, I just haven't been cooking much this month, so I applogize for the lack of new recipes. However, the one I'm posting today turned out really well, so it might be worth the wait.

A while back we bought a bone-in porkloin and had it cut into chops. Well, we really haven't liked them that much. We just haven't found the best way to cook them that gives us a tender chop. Well, this recipe does the job. I think the key is a long cooking time with lots of luquid. This recipe is basiclly the one I found on this blog...http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009/01/orange-apricot-pork-chops-in-crockpot.html with a few minor changes. If you like to use your crock pot this blog is a great source of recipes.

But anyway, here is what I made.

Fruit and Spice Pork Chops

6 bone-in pork chops
1 cup apricot jam
3 tbl brown sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cinnemon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
a few whole cloves
1 lg can mandarin oranges with the juice.

Spray the inside of a 6 qt crock pot with nonstick spray. Mix together the jam, sugar, and spices. Place pork chops in the crock pot and cover with the jam mix. Pour the can of oranges and juice on top. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.

I needed to have two layers of chops to get it all in the crock pot so I put some of the sauce on top of the first layer. I also cooked them a lot longer. I think I did 2 hours on high and 5-6 on low. I served these with couscous and veggies. They turned out really good and I would make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment