Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pizza Burgers

This is an adaptation of my grandma's pizza burger recipe. I have made a few changes that in my mind made them easier but just as good. I'm going from memory here so hopefully I won't leave anything out. If I find I did, I'll update.

Pizza Burgers
1 1/2 lb ground beef browned with chopped onion
1 can Spam cut into small cubes (yes, that's right, Spam)
1 cup shredded chedder cheese
1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
1-2 jars pizza sauce

Mix it all together. Top 1/2 a bun with the mixture and broil until hot. If you like the tops toasted you can butter them and put them in the broiler too.

You want the mixture wet enough to hold together but not soupy like a sloppy joe, so the amount of sauce you use might vary. I think I used 1/2 small jars last time I made them.

I added green olives and canned mushrooms last time I made these and it was really good. I've usually added olives but the mushrooms were a first. You could also add green peppers or any other pizza topping you like. I have thought about chopping up pepperoni to add as well.

These reheat surprisingly well. Just heat the mixture up in the microwave and put on a bun. Yummy lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment