Monday, April 19, 2010

Chicken and Brocoli Casserole

This is a family favorite. There is usually a little left over and whoever gets to take it in their lunch is very lucky. The great thing is, this is super easy and pretty quick to make.

2 cups cooked chicken-chopped
1 bag frozen broccoli cuts thawed and drained
1 cup mayo
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Pepper
1 stick of butter or margarine melted
1 bag/box croutons

Mix the chicken, broccoli, mayo, soup, cheese, and pepper together. Spread in a greased 9x13 glass baking dish. Mix croutons and butter together and top casserole with croutons. Bake at 350 45 minutes to an hour or until it is bubbly.

This is not a recipe where I really measure much-shocking! I know. Last night I used a whole package of chicken cut into small pieces and a bag of broccoli. Sometimes I use more, sometimes less it all depends on what I have on hand. I also baked it for about 20 minutes last night before putting the croutons on so they didn't get as dark. This worked really well.

I love this casserole! It is also very good if you use the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mixture instead of just broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment