Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

This is a family standard. I made the fist batch of the season yesterday and the boys are having it for dinner tonight. I look forward to leftovers. This soup makes A LOT, but it freezes well.

2 Tbl butter
3/4 cup chopped onion
Sauté onion in butter until translucent
Add 5 cups water and bring to a boil
Add 5 chicken bullion cubes and stir to dissolve (you could also just use 5 cups chicken broth)
Add 8oz package of egg noodles, crushed (I like the thin noodles)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Bring to a boil until noodles are tender
Add 2 pks chopped broccoli thawed and drained well
Cook for 4 minutes
Add 5 cups milk and 2lb cubed Velveeta cheese
Heat over low until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't even be in the same room with broccoli until this recipe came along. I'm so glad you posted it!

    ReplyDelete